Today was Mack's 2nd birthday!!! I can't believe he's 2 already. He didn't know it was his birthday, in fact, he doesn't even know what a birthday is, but I think he had a great day. Thanks, mom for the Mater's Tales. We got that this week and he loves to watch it. Last week we went to IKEA and got him a wooden train set and a little wooden table with chairs. He loves his train set and played with it the whole car ride home and he plays with it every day. Today, after lunch, we gave him a "Thomas the train"....it's really Gordon b/c Target was all out of Thomases, but they're both blue, and he can't tell the difference. He was way excited and kept saying "whoa!" He immediately ran to his room to play with him on his train tracks. He also stalled in taking his nap, but that's ok. It's his birthday. He kept pulling me into his room to show me how he pulled Thomas and his other trains on the tracks. It was cute.
He's really smiling in this pic, not disliking the dirt pudding
After all of us got our Sunday naps, we had some friends over...the Browns. Their son, Kenton, is a few months older than Mack. They like the same kind of toys and generally play well together, but like to tease each other too...like take each others' cars. Anyway, we had pizza and dirt pudding, which Mack likes both of those. We sang happy birthday and then Mack opened their present from them. He got a racecar track and loves that too. He played with that until he had to go to bed. He was a VERY happy boy today, so I am pretty sure he enjoyed his birthday:) Here are some Mack videos from the day. I have more videos of Mack and Rae, but I will put those up on a later date....Covey and I want to get some shut eye b/c Rae is about to go to bed now. Enjoy!!
Mack getting Thomas the Train:
Mack getting his new racecars and track:
"Happy Bday to Mack"
(Sorry, my memory card got full, so the video was cut short, but Mack didn't blow out the candle or touch it...so we didn't miss anything too exciting)
James loves Mater's Tall Tales! He got that from Grandma for his birthday too! You'll have that movie memorized in no time. :) I know exactly what train you're talking about from IKEA (we're big IKEA fans). Dirt pudding sounds so good, pizza sounds amazing. I can't believe your little boy is 2. He's so cute and I wish I could've celebrated with you guys. But I didn't get an invitation...hmph. I know when I've been insulted! I know what I've been insulted!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the pics. I miss you guys!