Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Welcome to Washington

It's been awhile since I have updated the blog, and I really have been meaning to, so today I decided I better do it.  Most of you know we moved to Bremerton, WA.  

Here is a pic of Covey and I on the ferry to Seattle.  Covey was so excited to ride it, he was like a little kid.

  

We love it here. I am not a fan of the city of Bremerton mainly b/c the traffic lights are soooo long and I am really just tired of living in the city, but we love our home, yard, water close by, our ward, and Covey's new job.  So life is good.  Here are some pics of our new place:

This is the whole duplex:
 This is our backyard, which leads back into acres of wooded, city trails and we have lots of delicious blackberry bushes.  If anyone visits us, you will receive a complimentary jar of homemade blackberry jam;)
 This is our back porch area...I love it b/c Mack plays back here all day long.
This is our main living area: FR, DR, and kitchen...no stairs...everything is so easy to get to in this house:
 This is the FR:
 This is the kitchen:
 This is our bathroom:
 This is our bedroom:
 Mack's bedroom is about the same size, and I took these pics when he was asleep, so just imagine his room with a mattress on the floor, a changing table, and toys everywhere....then that would be Mack's room:)  I also am too lazy to add a pic of our front area where the carport is.  It's really not that exciting anyway, but that's Mack's favorite place to play b/c it allows him to run out in the street.  We're working on obedience right now....and probably for many more years to come.  

I am in the process of uploading Mack videos...so make sure to check out my other post:)


7 comments:

  1. Thanks Mel, your house looks lovely.....I can see why you love the yard.....Love the ship steering wheel in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured it was about time I got pics up of my house. The yard is what sold me on the place b/c I would definitely love to redesign the kitchen and get rid of the paneling on the inside, but the layout overall is super nice and it's everything we prayed for, so we're happy. Pretty much all the decorations in my house are courtesy of thrift stores, actually most things in my house are from thrift stores. haha. That's my therapy shopping. I have to feel like I got a bargain on something somewhere. The prices of groceries and sales tax around here makes me kinda depressed. I just added a new thing to my bathroom....a little potty...I hate those things, but I am gonna attempt training Mack early so 1. I don't have to pay for 2 sets of diapers, and 2. So I don't have to worry about it later. This is a part of motherhood I have dreaded my whole life. I loathe potty training, mainly b/c I hate cleaning out those little potties, but I hear if you just take them potty when you go, then they get the hang of it and if you start early, then there is no rush. I hope he picks up on it b/c I know he has no idea what I do in there. He thinks the toilet is a toy...or a place to clean my toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel! I loved looking at your pictures. Your house is cute and I would love to come and visit sometime--you sold me on the blackberry jam! :) Good luck with potty training. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to visit! Not only for the jam but because I want to see you. Hopefully sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would be great if you 2 could visit. i will definitely share my jam:) i have tons. yeah, i keep hoping the whole potty training thing just didn't exist. i wish that was one of those innate reflexes we were born with:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks nice melody. Remember how I left it, there were boxes piles everywhere. You did a good job making it into a nice home.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, John. Yeah, those boxes didn't last long...and I am glad. I hate the feeling of being unsettled, so I guess Mack did a great job of helping me unpack;)

    ReplyDelete