Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring 2015 Updates

I thought I would update my blog since it's hailing and pouring outside and my plans to work in my garden are now shot.  Plus, both kids are down for naps:)

Here is my biggest update, for those who don't already know.  I'm pregnant with baby #3!!!  Covey and I are 99% convinced that we're having a boy.  More like, we're busting out those little kid prayers where we're asking Heavenly Father for a boy. haha.  Not really, but we really want a boy this time around.  An angelic, quiet, calm boy.  Anyway, I am 12 weeks in this picture, and I am now 14 weeks, and very glad to be in the 2nd trimester officially:)  I am still amazed how fast my belly popped out with this one.  I feel like my body language in this pic says it all with how much I love belly pics.  (Forced smile, I feel silly, but I know I will be grateful for this later.) Hah!
Here are just a bunch of pics of Mack and Rae:
 Making a tower for King "Benjam" with Lincoln Logs.  
 Just chillin together
 Rae LOVES to be up on the counter.  She "helps" me cook and begs to eat up there for every meal.
 Mack loves his jammies and always has his "rainbow" blanket with him.
 Mack loves wearing his swim suit trunks even more than his jammies. He's taking general conf. notes here ;)
 Rae always wants to play on mommy's phone.  She's listening really well to general conf ;)
 We hid eggs for the kids for FHE. They were so bummed the neighbors had "birthday" eggs on Easter and not them, so we decided to use up the 2 year old Halloween candy in the cupboard and hide eggs. I love toddlers. What you don't tell them, they don't know. 
 Mack and Rae love muffins.  Unfortunately, these weren't as delicious as I hoped.  
 This is Mack's motorcycle man.
 Rae loves shoes, especially if they're too big.
 Mack and Rae love "honey bread and chips" (PB and honey sandwiches and chips). If they're to rattle off a prayer without thinking it goes something like this "Fadah in heben. Gwateful for honeybread chips. Amen" Even if they're praying for scriptures, or at bedtime.  That line is usually in their prayers somewhere.


Mack and Rae say the phrase "Sure did" all the time, but they use it in the wrong context.  They use it in place of just saying "sure". I think it's funny:
Me: Mack, are you going to go grocery shopping?
Mack: Yeah, sure did.
Me: Rae, do you want a treat?
Rae: "Yeah, sure did."

Their favorite thing to do is go grocery shopping b/c they get a treat from the bakery every time....and we always seem to be at the grocery store for something:(  We have a lot of fun together, but probably more crazy times than we'd all like. They live to torture each other, yet they can't live without each other.  The first thing Rae will say in the morning is "Mack? Mack?" and go looking for him and Mack gets so excited when Rae wakes up.  I am glad they have each other and I have no clue how I am gonna do 3, but I have a feeling that my greatest help is gonna come from these 2.  I've never had little helpers with a baby and I think they're gonna be the ones to pull me through this.  Even though, ironically, they're the 2 I'm praying about all the time for help.  And of course, Covey will help a ton, but both Covey and I know that we're both gonna need some divine assistance b/c we don't have 3 arms and we've already hit crazy so I keep thinking that the Lord works in mysterious ways and who better to help than my toddler "angels": Mack and Rae. I'm excited to see the dynamics of our family change with a new baby.  Mack has changed a lot since Rae has come along. Mack and Rae are already obsessed with the baby in mommy's tummy.  They like to touch my tummy whenever they have the chance.  They'll see me eating or drinking water and ask, "Is baby hungwy?  Baby in mommy's tummy need watah?"  It's fun, and I know everything will work out, I just don't know how.  I am hoping, just like #3 in my family, was the peacemaker, that this #3 will be the peacemaker of this home.  I live for those peaceful moments.  

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see the updated pictures...can't believe how much Mack and Rae have grown. I felt like I got a little more strength and "angel" help with each baby.....I think it will work out and you will wonder why you ever worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until number 4 comes, you're in for a lot of trouble ;) JK. Enjoyed this blog post as usual. I showed Finnley all the pictures. He's going to know your kids from this blog :) I'm trying to always show him pictures or videos of our family so he knows everyone. I'm so excited to see you all! And by the way you look adorable! Thanks for posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete