Sunday, May 17, 2015

Spring 2015 Update

I figured I better update my blog.  We've had some fun times recently, so I thought I'd show the family:)
 Covey and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary by going to Victoria, Canada.  The first time, for me, ever leaving the country. We had a blast!  We left the kids with grandma and grandpa Richards and hopped on a ferry and enjoyed a peaceful 2 day trip. We were supposed to stay all day Saturday, making it 3 days, but we caught the morning ferry back to the USA b/c we didn't feel like walking anymore.  Our bodies are geared for toddler walks (1-2 miles) not 10-12 miles/day.  We laughed at ourselves b/c when we got to our Bed and Breakfast at the end of each night, we just couldn't move at all.  We looked pathetic, but we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. We hadn't had a vacation like this since our honeymoon.
 This is in front of the Parliament Building.  Very beautiful.  I expected to hear "eh" more, but we heard "Cheers" more than anything. We had such a fun time going in and out of shops and hitting up good eating places.  It was so fun (and weird) to just walk around as a couple with no kids.
 Covey had never been to a China Town, so he was excited to go to Victoria's China Town.  Out of all things to buy in China Town, we bought a beach-themed quilt for our bed.  haha. We love our quilt!
 This is the Craigdarroch Castle. It was cool.  We didn't get a tour of the inside b/c we got there late and didn't think we'd care to see the inside, but after seeing it in person, I really wish we would've done the tour.  Just around the corner was the Governor's house with some really pretty gardens.  There were tons of gorgeous plants in Victoria.
 Rae, Mack, and Peter Mace (our neighbor).  Whenever the sun is out and Peter isn't at preschool, these 3 are out in the streets on their bikes having a good time.
Rae just learned to ride that big bike with training wheels and has no problem keeping up with the boys.  
 Here is me today.  I'm 19 weeks.  I will be getting an ultrasound on Friday to confirm we're having a boy;)
 Rae wanted to do a belly pic too.  She also picks out all her outfits. Love the red with pink;)
 We made a fire pit in our backyard and we love it.  Rae especially loves to help put things in the fire:(
 Mack collects big rocks wherever we go.  He likes to throw them in our mini pond out front to see how big of a splash they make.  
 Mack and Rae had a blast making beds in their boxes.  This was hilarious entertainment for them for a good hour.
This is them "sleeping"

Here are some videos:

Mack laughing at a laughing game on my phone:

Bagpipe man in Victoria. Covey filmed this for Isaac:

Mack helping Rae ride the big girl bike (I thought this was cute):

Rae is fearless. She just learned to ride the big girl bike the day this was filmed:

Mack, Peter, and Rae:

Rae riding some more:

Toddlers are funny b/c they get so excited about the little things.  What's a fly's last words? Here's Mack and Rae getting excited about a fly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I_PpeXdMsU

Mack singing I am a Child of God. I have such reverent and angelic singers for children:

Rae singing I am a Child of God (Rae usually busts out more.  It drives Mack crazy. She is always singing...."too loud" as Mack would put it:

No comments:

Post a Comment