Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer 2015

We've done some really fun things this summer and thought I would update everyone.  

We've done a lot of yard work.  We had to clean up and redo the entire front landscape.  My nemesis was 3 french drains and how to make them work in a decent-looking landscape.  Here is the before, during, and after pics of the front.


 Before




During
 Mack loved the dirt pit

 Such good little helpers 


After

 The kids love the sandpit and me too.  You can't see it from the road, but I can see them perfectly from my front window.  Plus they have a play area out front and it serves as a drainage pond (aka swimming pool for the kids) for our 3 drains.


We also spruced up the side of the backyard.  It was a pain to mow this section, so we used up our extra bark, hostas, and blueberries to make a cleaner landscaped area in the back. I'm excited for my blueberries to produce:)

Our garden is a jungle.  This was taken about a month ago and it's 2x bigger now.  It's insane, but keeping me healthy by forcing me to eat cabbage salad everyday.  The kids love their teepees and tomato tunnel.

We bought a new quilt for our anniversary, but it didn't match our blue room.  So I painted our room cream a few weeks ago.  My goal was to do it all for free b/c I had extra paint laying around.  So I used the bathroom's cream color, but only had enough for 3 walls, and decided to do an accent wall last minute to use up the darker cream I had.  I am pleased and even more pleased it didn't cost me a dime.

 I used to think lots of pillows on people's beds were for decoration, but as a pregnant mama, I use at least 3 pillows a night, sometimes more, to support my growing belly.  Oh the joys of sleeping pregnant.  However, my pillows and chiropractor visits have made this pregnancy a lot easier and I have slept better too:)

In June, we ventured out to "Grandma and Grandma Reed's" or was it "Grandpa and Grandpa Reed's"  (the kids could never get it straight).  Now it's officially "grandma reed's house." Anyway, the kids were stoked to go on a "jet." They did rather well for a 2 and 4 year old. 
 They loved catching fish in the pond.  It was fun to watch them.
 They were excited and freaked out to touch the bass and catfish.

 Sandy, Hudson, James, Michael, and Matt fishing
 Covey and the kids fishing
 They really did like touching and seeing the fish
 Covey, Rae, Matt, Mack, Michael, and Hudson swimming
 Mack, Hudson, James, Amelia, Covey, and Rae swimming
 James, Mack, Amelia, and Me
 Covey, Michael, Joey, Tiff, Rae, and Mack slip n sliding

Covey thinks it's funny how our kids sleep
 It was 90+ degrees here for the whole month of June, so playing in the sprinklers was a routine activity after dinner

 Covey loved it just as much as the kids:)

Smile Rae

 Smile Mack
Our kids always seem to have a piece of gum in their mouth....or out of their mouth;)

4th of July was really fun (and hot) this year.  The kids actually enjoyed the fireworks instead of crying from fear.  They could've lit fireworks all day long:)




We went to Portland, OR this past weekend b/c the Seattle temple is closed for July.  Covey had never been and I love this temple, so it was fun to visit.
Mack and Rae walking around temple grounds while I'm inside.

 Covey said they enjoyed the fountain.


 Our attempts of family selfies.  Hehe!


 We met up with my old college roommate, Cassie Bumcrot, and her family and played in downtown Portland in the water park area.  It was nice b/c it was 100 degrees.  We also rode the streetcar and got VooDoo Doughnuts.  So Yummy!!!  I felt bad b/c our excursion on the streetcars took way longer than we expected and we returned to our cars 2 hours past the expired time.  We lucked out and got no parking ticket, but Cassie and Robert weren't so lucky.  It was fun nonetheless.




Here I am 28 weeks pregnant.  I am officially in the 3rd trimester.  Wahoo!!  I am definitely on countdown b/c I feel like my back bones and ligaments don't overly enjoy supporting a baby-filled uterus.  Only 12 more weeks....unless this little girl comes like her older siblings at 38 weeks, then only 10 more weeks.  But I am planning on 42 weeks total just to play it safe and not get flustered at the end.  Overall, I feel good and find a great joy in visiting the chiropractor:)

And, of course, my post wouldn't be complete without videos:

The kids catching fish at Reed Reunion:

Rae loves dancing in her spinning dress, especially to "Whip My Hair":

Slip n Sliding at Reed Reunion:

We eat granola every morning and this seems to happen almost daily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWUmSWslmEY&feature=youtu.be

Covey and the kids cooling off on a hot day:

Fireworks fun:

1 comment: