So I think it's ironic that I seem to take a belly pic 4 days before my babies are born....anyway, just a random thought. Well, I thought I should update everyone on our new addition: Rae Lillie:) She surprised us by coming 2 weeks early, after my water broke and being breech, resulting in a c-section on Sat, Dec. 22, 2012. She came out at 8 lbs and 20 inches at 6:14pm. When she came out, Covey said, "Well, looks like another baby that doesn't look like me." Haha. Poor Covey. Well, she only looked like me for a few days and now definitely favors Covey, except for her nose. Covey always said he'll feel sorry for our daughter if she looks like him, but luckily, we find Rae to be a very adorable little girl with such a sweet presence. Here are some pics:
Just minutes after being born
Her blessing dress
Mack loves his sister
He now says "baby" and "Hi Rae"
Almost 4 weeks old
7 weeks old in her pretty dress
About 8 weeks old (she was crying just before this pic was taken..hence her not-so-happy Rae face)
I was talking to my good friend, Emily Hartvigsen, a couple months before I had Rae about what it's like to have 2 kids, since she just had her second. She said, "Mel, it's awesome and it's way better than one. The great times are greater, but the chaotic times are 10x more chaotic." I feel like she hit it right on the money. Mack and Rae seem to be on the same schedule. They eat at the same time, poop at the same time, cry at the same time, and scream at the same time, but luckily, on some days, they nap at the same time. Those are the days where I feel successful. Having 2 babies is such a joy, any yet a lot of hard work. Well, I don't want to get too lengthy b/c I could go on all day about how much I love my babies, but enough about what I think....let's post another addition...RAE VIDEOS:) :) :) Just keep in mind she isn't very old, so her videos aren't that exciting, but I know the grandmas will at least appreciate them:
Rae's 1st Christmas...3 days old:
Rae Relaxing at 3 weeks:
Rae at 6 weeks:
Rae at 7 weeks...she likes to kick her legs and move her arms:
Of course, I can't forget a Mack update. Mack has grown up a lot in these past few months. He still moans at night while swaying his head back and forth, but now we have to buzz his hair every 2 weeks b/c he has a bald spot in the back of his head b/c of this falling-asleep habit. He likes to give High 5's and pretends to talk on the phone. He doesn't know a lot of words, but when he talks on the phone, it's a bunch of jibberish and laughing. It's cute. We bought him a doll b/c he likes to burp and cradle it, but he also likes to beat it up...Yikes! He named him "HiRae." Hahah. He is really protective of Rae and doesn't like other people to hold her. He likes to press on her stomach too...we don't know why he does that. He likes to cuddle next to her and help feed her her bottle. Lately, he's enjoyed playing with his blocks and cars. He especially likes walking on the treadmill with Covey. And one thing that hasn't changed...he still loves sugar and his bottles. Here are some pics of Mack:
Mack on Christmas Day with all his new cars
He LOVES his new cars
Mack cuddling with Rae
Mack and Covey playing with his new blocks
Mack helping Covey make chocolate pudding
And, last but not least, a Mack video:
Mack was very excited on Christmas....I had a hard time opening his present b/c did you know that every body part is connected to your stomach muscles?....especially the ones that are cut for a c-section...Sheesh! At least that's how I felt during recovery....this video was taken 12 hours after we got home from the hospital...."I'll be home for Christmas" never felt so good...and so painful...:
Well, that's all for now. I hope to be better at keeping this blog updated. Free time is few and far between, but these little kiddos are growing up fast!!

Mel, I always love your blog entries. Oh Babies!!!! I'm so excited!!!!
ReplyDeleteUgh...I just wrote down this long comment and it erased it. So here goes again:
ReplyDeleteFirst off, when I saw the picture of Rae on Facebook when she was a few hours old I was like, "Whoa, she looks like Mel." But you're right, she has morphed into a feminine Covey.
She has a dimple! On her right cheek! Cute...I'm partial to dimples. :) I watched all the videos with James and when I told him that Rae was also his cousin he said, "I didn't know I could have a girl cousin." Goofball--he's got four girl cousins on the Dzierzon side. Thanks for the updates and videos. I'll write you a message via facebook later.